This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our site, apps, or any other services provided by us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The website at HOPATO.COM ("our site"), and any other HOPATO services which are available on our site or apps, or which refer to this policy which the words "we", "us" and "our" refer.
If you have questions about this policy please visit our Contact Us page or write to us at the above address.
What type of information do we may collect
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or apps. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or apps, subscribing to one of our services (e.g. our newsletter), posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you book a travel product through HOPATO.COM, information such as your name (and traveller’s name if different), date of birth, passport details, email address, telephone number, billing address, itinerary, and frequent flyer details. You can also choose to store personal information in your user account for future bookings.
- Your responses to our requests to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of which of our services you are interested in, and/or a record of any correspondence with you
- Details of your visits to our site and apps including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication and usage data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access. Before processing any precise live geolocation data through our apps, you will be prompted to give your consent to such processing, which you can revoke by changing the privacy settings of your device. If you do not give consent to such processing, we will not process such geolocation data through the app
- Information on whether you have opened and clicked on certain content in our newsletters.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- Information about your travel companions. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences as any access to view or change their information will be available through your profile. If you store information on your children, you are consenting to our processing of such data on behalf of your children.
- We do not want you to receive unwanted email from us. We try to make it easy for you to opt out of any service that you have asked to receive. If you sign up to our email newsletters we will only share such information as explained in the section below entitled "disclosure of your information".
- Email addresses are collected via our site, apps, co-registration partners and third party marketing lists and promotions. Users can to sign up to receive our newsletter through the site. After signing up, we will send a confirmation email to the email address provided to ensure the address is correct. We are clearly named at the point of collection and in any subsequent email.
- We use email addresses to send you important messages about your account, as well as offers and information which we think are of interest to you, including our weekly Travel Deals Alert Newsletter and occasional mailings to assist in market research.
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
Use of information
We will use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- to verify your authorization to access certain features
- to enable you to access and use the services you select to receive
- to optimise our services and personalise your visits by remembering location, language and currency configurations as well as previous searches
- for system administration purposes
- to analyse user behaviour and trends in order to improve and understand how people use our services
- to generate aggregated sets of non-personally identifiable information in order to inform business decisions and to power elements of some of the our services
- to contact you
- where you have requested that we do so or to respond to communications you have sent us
- where it is necessary to notify you about changes or updates to our services
- to send booking confirmations and alerts, notifications or newsletters you have subscribed to
As noted above, you may be asked to provide credit card or other payment information to us or the relevant booking partner when you are making a booking using our services and features. In such circumstances that information will be collected and used only for the purpose of processing your booking.
Disclosure of your information
We will never sell your Personal Data to third parties, though we may on occasion share or provide your Personal Data to third parties in accordance with this policy or where we are required to do so by law. We may also disclose your Personal Data if necessary to prevent, detect or prosecute illegal or suspected illegal activities or to prevent other damage or in response to a legal action or to enforce our rights and claims.
We may share your information with affiliate companies within the HOPATO corporate group for use in accordance with this policy and the purposes set out above.
We may share your information with select third parties to process your information on our behalfor where necessary in order to deliver the service you have requested. For example, we may disclose your email address to trusted third party companies along with other data collected by us to help identify trends and to tailor the HOPATO Services and any communications we send to you.
We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and we require that they do not use your Personal Data for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your Personal Data in this way. Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and only processed in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation. We may also independently audit these service providers to ensure that they meet our standards.
Where we run a promotion in conjunction with a third party we may occasionally agree to share the email addresses of participants with the partner running the competition. Where this is the case, it will be clearly stated in the terms of the promotion and you will be asked whether you consent to the use of your data in that way at the point of entry. We have no responsibility for subsequent use or distribution of email addresses by our partners.
Where we direct you to websites of third party travel providers for you to make bookings, we may use your Personal Data to auto-fill selected details within the third party companies website in order to make the booking process easier and more efficient for you.
In addition, we may also disclose your Personal Data where necessary in order to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements, or to a prospective buyer and the ultimate buyer in the event that HOPATO itself (or part of our business) is sold.
We may also share anonymous aggregated usage information with others.
Third party advertisers
The security of your personal information, including your email address and postcode, is important to us. We follow generally-accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during registration and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however.
If you have any questions about the security on our website, please contact by us via Feedback and one of our designated correspondents will respond to your query.
Information sharing among HOPATO.COM users
If you choose to include personally identifiable information in your comments, open text fields, or other areas of the web site or the apps intended for public viewing, other users will be able to view and use this information. We recommend against posting your email address and other personally identifiable information in this manner unless you are comfortable with the possibility of receiving unwanted contact.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via Feedback.
Our site or apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can exercise your right by contacting us at Contact Us Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Log Files and Tracking
Third Party Advertising
The banners and all graphical advertising appearing on our site are delivered to you, on our behalf, by DFP. Information about your visit to our site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or any other personal information) is used to serve advertisements to you on our site. For more information please contact us
We do not sell you travel products, but direct you to sites that do and may offer tools to facilitate the booking process. These sites may store information such as your name and address and credit card details. They may operate their own privacy policies.
We use the "share this" widget on our site or apps to enable our users to tell their friends about the site or apps, by allowing them to send a onetime email within the widget, inviting their friend to visit site. We do not have access to any of the personal information collected within this widget. We also use this widget to allow users to log into their third party social networking accounts and share a link to our site or apps with their friends.
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. Any material changes to this policy will be notified to you, including through a notice of new terms on our website. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes that we make to it, as they are binding on you. Your use of the sites or apps following such changes shall constitute your acceptance of the revised policy then in effect. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site or apps.